Become our fan on Facebook
PinchukArtCentre Announces the Members of the Selection Committee for the Future Generation Art PrizeSource: . Author: May 31st, 2010
Upon the completion of the application procedure for the Future Generation Art Prize, the PinchukArtCentre announces the members of the Selection Committee that will be considering the applications submitted for the competition. They have been chosen by the members of the Jury of the Prize, internationally renowned professionals in contemporary art.
The Selection Committee will nominate a final shortlist of twenty artists that will be announced on June 22, 2010.
According to Björn Geldhof, the PinchukArtCentre artistic manager, “The seven competent art-professionals of the selection committee are coming from different parts of the world, emphasizing the global dimension of this prize. Together with applications of 125 different countries it offers us the unique possibility to select challenging new artistic positions."
The members of the Selection Committee are:
- Björn Geldhof, artistic manager at the PinchukArtCentre (Kiev, Ukraine). Proposed by: Eckhard Schneider
- Jens Hoffmann, director of the CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Art in San Francisco and co-curator of the 12th International Istanbul Biennial in 2011 (San Franscisco, USA). Proposed by: Okwui Enwezor
- Ranjit Hoskote, cultural theorist and independent curator (Bombey, India). Proposed by: Yuko Hasegawa
- Charles Merewether, director of the Institute of Contemporary Art (Singapore). Proposed by: Ai Weiwei
- Peter Pakesch, intendant of the Universalmuseum Joanneum, Kunsthaus Graz (Graz, Austria). Proposed by: Robert Storr
- Kim West, art-critic and translator. He is an editor of the magazines SITE and OEI, and teaches art theory at Konstfack, University College of Arts, Crafts and Design. (Stockholm, Sweden). Proposed by: Daniel Birnbaum
- Carla Zaccagnini, artist, free-lance writer and independent curator (Sao Poalo, Brazil). Proposed by: Ivo Mequita