October 26th, 2013Victor Pinchuk enters ArtReview's Power 100 list for the sixth time
Become our fan on Facebook
PinchukArtCentre Announces the Members of the International Jury for the Second Edition of the Future Generation Art PrizeSource: . Author: April 24th, 2012
The PinchukArtCentre is proud to announce the International Jury for the Future Generation Art Prize 2012. The members of the Jury are:
- Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev – Artistic director Documenta 13 (Germany);
- Agnaldo Farias – Independent Curator and Director of the 29th biennial of Sao Paulo (Brasil);
- Massimiliano Gioni– Associate Director of the New Museum and director of the 55th Venice Biennial in 2013 (USA);
- Carol Yinghua Lu – Art Critic and Independent Curator (China);
- Hans Ulrich Obrist – Co-director Serpentine Gallery (United Kingdom);
- Eckhard Schneider – General Director PinchukArtCentre (Ukraine);
- Nancy Spector – Deputy Director and Chief Curator of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (USA).
The International Jury will come to Kiev to award the Main and Special Prize. They will announce the Prize winners during the FGAP Award Ceremony on December 7, 2012.
Each member of the Jury appointed a member of the Selection Committee that will choose 20 shortlisted artists who will show their works during the exhibition at the PinchukArtCentre from October 27, 2012 to January 2013.
The final shortlist will be announced in June 2012. Ukrainian artist Nikita Kadan, the winner of the national PinchukArtCentre Prize 2011, will be added to 20 shortlisted artists, bringing the total number of artists nominated for the Future Generation Art Prize 2012 to 21.
Eckhard Schneider, General Director of the PinchukArtCentre: “To bring together such a distinguished jury shows the Victor Pinchuk Foundation's long term commitment to invest in a serious way in a future generation of artists.”
Application procedure for the second edition of the Future Generation Art Prize is closing on May 6, 2012. Applications available online at the competition’s website: futuregenerationartprize.org
The artists up to the age of 35 may apply with their work without any restrictions concerning gender, nationality, race or artistic medium. Participants must fill in all fields of the Application Form and upload a photo or video of three to seven of their artworks.